Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

So, since it's September finally! Annnnd I really want to kick start this new month with a cool, cool book that really rocked my world! I'm going to present you fine people with a review about Shade! I read it a while back, but it's still as good as any to reflect on!

Shade (Shade, #1)Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I don't know how to explain how amazing this book truly is. Anything I say won't be enough...



True, there are parts that are a bit shady for younger readers. There were quite a few lines in there that made me blush so scarlet I could feel the heat radiating off of my face, but... As shady as the parts that discuss alcohol, sex, drugs, and rock n roll were... the feeling that I was left with when I closed that book and set it aside was pure wonder.



Shade is an emotional roller coaster. From page 48 onward this book will cause you pain, heart-break, and the deadliest feeling of all... hope.



In the end, I was more than happy I read this book, and a little proud that I'd gotten through it all in one piece. I can't even tell you how many times I cried during this story...



Aura is a complex character, but very relatable. Everything she goes through will bring you closer to her and make you not only sympathize with her, but empathize as well.



Logan is the tragic one. The one you'll hold onto with that deadly hope, just like Aura.



And Zachary is the one that will lead you toward the light...



I won't say any more for fear that I'll spoil it, but just know that this book isn't a waste of time. It's one of the best books I've ever picked up.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment