Thursday, September 9, 2010

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Just finished this one. I kept it nice and short since I'm both tired and can't give a very good explanation considering it was but 15 minutes ago that I closed this book.

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really, really liked this book. At first, I was worried that it was going to be just like the Mortal Instruments series, but it proved me wrong.



It does have a lot of similarities to Clary, Jace, and Simon's story, but there's so many new and different elements to it that the comparison stops short once you get about a quarter of the way through it.



Tessa- I think she's amazing! I give her two thumbs up, because she didn't annoy me as much as Clary did. She's more relatable in a sense- what with her bookishness and her dilemma of figuring out who she really is.



Will- Just like Jace. I really liked him, but on occasion I was just as upset with him as Tessa was. Since I found out that he's Jace's ancestor, it all makes sense.



Jem- is amazing. There were so many things that I could quote from him! Facing my own issues and questions, and hearing him answer not only Tessa's, but my own... Yeah, I really like Jem.



As for everyone else- hate Nate. Jessamine, Sophie, Charlotte, Henry, etc... They're all cool. Thomas- broke my heart. And the plot is twisted and dark in a completely cool way. Can't wait for book two! Need it now!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment