Monday, September 13, 2010

Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Sooo since I've started my job, I haven't been reading as fast. This book, however, is an exception.

Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves, #1)Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've been trying to read Raised by Wolves ever since I bought it back in the beginning of July. It wasn't that I couldn't get into it or whatever, but that I never could start it in peace! Every which way I looked, another book that I had been holding out on would come out in stores. Books that I had marked for devouring, that is. And saving Raised by Wolves seemed like a good idea at the time. Like storing up for winter... or in this case, storing up for an empty buffet table. I was saving it in the hopes that when I DID get a chance to read it, it would blow me out of the water.



RAISED BY WOLVES didn't blow me out of the water. But it did make me happy.



Barnes has somehow found her own niche among the werewolf YA lit groups and I can say that she did it with a dash of originality. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters, including Bryn and the assortment of pack members around her were strong, well-built characters. I loved reading about their interactions.



The only thing that prevents me from giving this story another star and making it AHMAZING is the fact that I COULD put it down. I COULD step away from it. The plot was a slow build... it seeped into my interest and curiosity like molasses, taking it's time, but sticking with me after I turned the last page. And this is why I will be picking up TRIAL BY FIRE as soon as it comes out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment