Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Since I'm still trying to find more books to read, here's something I read about a month ago. More werewolves, yay!

Sisters Red (Sisters Red, #1)Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I love werewolves. And this original take/twist on Red Riding Hood is DELECTABLE!



The characters were great. I was glad that the POVs switched between two sisters. Having a sister of my own, I could feel the connection between them and it gave me a sense of nostalgia. I am left wanting to call my sister after putting down this book, let me tell you. I also am left wondering where MY hot, axe-wielding woodsman is! Silas Reynolds is amazing.



The plot twist was pretty freaking cool, I might add. But a leetle predictable once I knew what to look for. The romance was sweet and well-developed. And the setting was very enticing and grungey enough to be believable. Pearce writes this urban fantasy as if she's lived in a run-down, crackhead-invaded apartment building herself!



Overall, I would read this book again. And I can't WAIT for the sequel!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment