Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine,  #2)The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I am very impressed with this sequel.



THE DARK DIVINE had been a pretty good book. When I first bought it and started reading it I had no idea that it was about werewolves. And since I love, love, love werewolves it was a happy surprise.



I felt that Daniel and Grace's relationship was very sincere and I liked that they grew up knowing each other. It wasn't some sort of mysterious 'oh my gosh! that guy is hot!' type of moment a la Bella and Edwardesque.



The added mystery was a plus, even though I usually tend to stay away from that genre. I felt like this was a good kind of mystery. Just the right kind of puzzle pieces along the way.



I loved the family drama, and I really appreciated a supernatural work with the added religious (christian) references. It was refreshing that Despain could add God in so fearlessly. It works since Grace's father is the pastor of their church. Even for those who aren't religious, it's still a good read. It's not preachy. But these characters have a lot of faith, and if that makes you uncomfortable then I suggest not reading it.





The story itself was just terrific. THE LOST SAINT was even better than THE DARK DIVINE. And I just can't wait to see what Bree Despain comes out with next in this thrilling series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment