Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jane by April Lindner

Surprised myself by finishing this in a storm of two days. Eh, technically 24 hours. Truly amazing.

JaneJane by April Lindner

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I've never read Bronte's JANE EYRE. It's a classic. And they're usually awesome for a reason. But I've never had the opportunity. We didn't read it in school.



Now... I wish I had.



JANE by April Lindner is a MARVELOUS retelling of what I know is one of the greatest romances of all time. She completely revamped it for modern standards too. Mr. Rochester turned into a world famous rockstar? Yeah. I believe it now.



The character of Jane Moore was just so relatable and... fresh. It was nice to finally read about an OLDER and more mature young adult, versus the usual onslaught of sixteen year olds who are stuck in the high school rut. Jane's basically an adult. She thinks about adult things like money, jobs, where she's going to live, how she's going to pay for college, why her family treats her the way they do. I mean YES! Someone I can relate to! Not that I don't love a good high school fiction once in a while, but now that I'm 20, it's nice to read about someone my own age. It puts me back in that head of mine and lets me relate to the character and say "yeah, I'm going through that too" versus "yeah I kinda remember that".



And I just loved the relationship that grew between Jane and Nico. It felt real. Sure when they finally revealed their feelings for one another it felt just a smidge rushed, but yet believable. This is a rock star! Why would he be patient? Just awesome. All I can say is that if Lindner continues on like this, she just found herself a very loyal and enthusiastic fan!



How I wish that there could be a sequel for this one...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment