Sunday, August 29, 2010

Matched by Ally Condie

Since I've been particularly inactive this month. And this is supposed to be a blog about Reviews, and I've been sorely lacking in adding reviews, I decided I would post about another book on the same weekend. Matched is amazing. I am VERY envious of Condie's writing style. If you haven't read it yet, you need to pick it up when it hits stores on November 30th.

MatchedMatched by Ally Condie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I don't know quite where to begin with this book. It was a truly beautiful piece. Ally Condie's writing is so lyrical and fluid, I felt as if the words were flowing from my eyes to my brain and ultimately to my heart like a steady stream of clear, crisp water. The way she writes is so beautiful that it makes me envious, being as I one day hope to be a published author, myself. She has a gift. And I'm sure glad she used it on MATCHED.



The story itself was inspiring. I loved that it wasn't just about love at a young age. It surprised me that I loved a story so much that didn't have any supernatural elements. The world that Cassia lives in is described so clearly that I could see through it as clear as glass.



The characters and the struggles they had to go through really spoke to me. The way Cassia felt and her thoughts were something that I could really relate to. The triangle between Xander, Cassia, and Ky was believable and realistic. I'm probably more torn than Cassia is.



Another thing that I absolutely loved about this book, and that goes hand in hand with Condie's writing style, were all of the metaphors. YA fiction usually doesn't have a whole lot of them and MATCHED had very strong ones. Each metaphor resonated through-out the entire book and connected to the core of the theme like branches growing out of a tree.



5 stars. Without a doubt, I'd read it again and I really hope that there is a sequel. I can't wait for the sequel.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment