Saturday, March 5, 2011

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I really, really wanted to get into this one. The cover is drop dead gorgeous, but unfortunately the plot and characters for me were just drop dead boring. Perhaps I've just read too many paranormal YA lit these days and I've seen too many similar plot holes. But Helen wasn't relatable for me. Her love story with Lucas was too played out. The villain was too... "muhahaha" for me (the everyday archetype). And the writing wasn't engaging enough to keep my attention.



The idea itself was so promising. There were so many ways that Angelini could've taken this. Recreating the Trojan War and adding some starcrossed love drama would have been so epic. That's what I expected. And where there were expectations, there were short comings. It's a shame.



Not that I won't give credit where it's due. The fact that there were a few lines once in a while that held my attention would have kept me reading. And believe me, I'm not one to not finish a book. However, the timing for this one just sucks right now. I have work and school and a million other books to read. But I will recommend Starcrossed to anyone who hasn't read a billion paranormal YA books and those of the younger generation that want a dramatic teenage romance to read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment