Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Hereafter (Hereafter, #1)Hereafter by Tara Hudson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


3.5 stars.



HEREAFTER is another one of those recycled plots you'll see in almost every book in the Young Adult section these days. Plot: insert supernatural girl who is "alone" in the world, meets the boy of her dreams after some life saving dilemma, they fall in love instantly, conflict = they can't be together because of some supernatural drama, annnd just for kicks and to add originality let's add in a boogey man who's more hot than scary.



I've read it all before in different shapes and forms. It's old and tiresome. When reading becomes a labor, then the book is seriously disappointing.



Lately, I've been coming across lots of books with GORGEOUS cover art, but miraculously all of the plots are the same old boring schtick that everyone's using to get published these days. The Twilight Fad. I really hate comparing any story to this book. It was a break out novel for it's genre and for readers around the world, but with the over rated phenomenon, I really don't understand why there are so many writers out there stuck on this mind set of supernatural "die for you" romance.



But I wouldn't have rated HEREAFTER this high if I didn't enjoy it a little. Despite the dated plotline, I still felt that some of the aspects in this story were sincere, and I cannot hate it for that. Amelia seemed like a good person and her relationship with Joshua was fine. I just wish that the plot hadn't been so slow. Nothing really happens until the last five or six chapters out of thirty in the whole book. I wanted more action. Less talk. Less romance that didn't really have anything unique about it.



I may or may not read the sequel, but I'm just sorry to say that this story didn't really hold any interest to me. Perhaps it will for others, but if you're looking for something completely new, I'm not sure that it's here...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment