Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


THE GODDESS TEST was excellent!



It was so refreshing to read a book that was beautiful yet simplistic in it's appeal. The plot was unique for it's genre and the characters were to die for. I really loved Kate as a protagonist. She was going through some true pain with her mother dying from cancer. Based on personal experience with family members and this particular disease, I can say that the emotion there was raw enough to bring me to tears. Even Henry, who I was skeptical of at first in the prologue, really won me over.



I also loved Ava and James. They were real friends. What was so refreshing about them was that they weren't perfect though. They weren't just sideline characters that cause some trouble on the side and whatnot. They were just as immersed in the plot as Kate was. In fact, almost every character served a purpose one way or another and that can't be easy to do as a writer.



The love story was unique in it's own right, and I thought Carter's way of turning Greek mythology on it's head and really making it her own was just fine. For others, I can see how it might bother them that the Gods and Goddesses weren't as mythological legend says they are, but I didn't have a problem with this. I felt that her recreation of them was unique and interesting. Henry completely revamped Hades and made himself the complete opposite of what one might think that an Underworld-ruling-God should be. His interactions with Kate were soft and heart-aching. I felt what Kate felt for him and it's not easy to make that connection with readers sometimes. Hats off to Carter!



i have to say though, that I figured out the murderer pretty fast once I started eliminating the suspects in each chapter. Wonderful twist though!



Personally, I'll be among those vying for the sequel, GODDESS INTERRUPTED. I just have that I have so much longer to wait now.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment