Thursday, October 14, 2010

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

I read this back in July, almost immediately after it hit stores. This is one of my favorite books ever.

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2)Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Linger has climbed it's way up to the top of my favorite books list. In some cases I liked it even better than Shiver, and it's very unusual for a sequel to out-do the original in my opinion. And the writing, oh my goodness, the writing! If anyone knows how to write directly to your heart, it has to be Maggie Stiefvater! Very few writers can make you feel for a seemingly heart-less character that constantly tries to lose himself and never opens up to anyone about it. But she proved that you could love Cole as you followed him in his transformation from shell of a man to wolf-man realizing he needs to confront his issues.



Grace and Sam. We all loved them in Shiver and there's no love lost there in Linger. Both Grace and Sam have this connection that every girl dreams of one day having with a guy. Both of them face challenges from the previous group, and let me warn you... you're not going to like Grace's parents. I hated them during this book, and let's face it, they weren't so great in Shiver either. Grace's parents are just the small challenge that Grace and Sam have to face though. In Linger, they have to face futures, pasts, and the present possibility of death.



One of the things that I love about this trilogy is that it's so realistic. I mean, if there WERE werewolves in the world, I think Maggie's theory in Shiver/Linger could be the highest probable answer. But the relationships, the dialogue, the thoughts that each character has. They feel like real people. And seeing them as real people makes it easier to fall in love with them :)



I'm warning you, this book made me cry buckets in the last 100 pages or so. But if a book can make me cry like that, I'll recommend it to anyone and everyone, including my cat and two dogs. If you loved Shiver... you're going to adore Linger. Read this book.



Now we must wait FOREVER for Forever to come out.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment